Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Origin of Our Blog's Title

It was rather hard to come up with a title. Greg was asleep, so I was on my own to brainstorm. I tried to find something that represented our family and this amazing journey.
Last year, Greg wrote a beautiful poem for Hannah Grace. It still makes me cry everytime I read it! I thought the title of the poem would be perfect! (I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband!)

Chinese Treasures

It all began on one wonderful summer day,
When your Mommy and I began to pray.
We prayed that God's Will would be done,
And that He would bless us with a little one.
Then God told us we would get a baby girl,
A precious one from the other side of the world.
I think about you and pray for you every single day,
Even though you are so far away.
No matter how far you are, you are still close to my heart,
And it won't be long until we are no longer apart.
When that time comes, what a day that will be,
I will be so excited, my Hannah Grace I shall see.
You will be loved so much by me, no one could ever measure,
My precious Daddy's girl, my little Chinese Treasure.
Love, Daddy

No comments: