Tuesday, January 30, 2007

One of the Best Days of My Life!!

The last two days have been absolutely wonderful!! I cannot believe how far along HG has come. She is so wonderful. I want to thank each of you for keeping up with us during this incredible journey! And incredible it has been!!! HG was great yesterday. Last night was so special because she wouldn't go to bed without both, Steph and me, in the bed with her. That was really sweet. She has really started to warm up to me the last two days. Steph brought something up tonight that made a lot of sense. Sunday was the worst day for me. I couldn't even look at HG. I couldn't touch her. Oh, the pain. I was just down and out. If you noticed, I didn't even post that night. Deep down inside, I knew that it would come. I just didn't know when. I wanted to hold my little girl. I had already held her, but it was out of desperation. She wanted me to hold her because I was rescuing her from the bath tub. That was fine with me...I just wanted to be close to her. That night, Steph got a little sick and I was just really down, so I went out on the town alone. I decided that I was going to go shopping for HG. I went to some stores and picked out a couple of outfits and a pair of shoes. It was so much fun. Actually picking out something for my daughter. It gave me the best feeling in the world. Although she wouldn't have much to do with me, I felt close to her by doing something for her. If you saw the post, the pink outfit was the one that I bought her. She had a fit over the clothes when I walked in the room. She just grinned ear to ear. We then put her shoes on. They were squeaky shoes. If you don't know what those are, they squeak when they walk. She put them on and was just thrilled to death. We went to my parents room. Steph left and took HG back to the room. She took her shoes off and HG fussed. She crawled off of the bed, went and got the shoes and put them back on. When Steph told me that, it made me feel so good. The next morning, she played with me. She let me hold her 2 or 3 times for the first time in a day. It was so wonderful. And then there was today. WOW!!! One of the best days of my life. I get so emotional just thinking about it. My little girl would reach out and cry for her daddy. That melts my heart!! And she did it so many time today. She wanted to sit in my lap in the taxi and wnated me to hold her many times today. The best part was when Steph took a nap...a much needed nap. Usually she only naps when HG naps. HG will not let her, otherwise. Today, Steph laid down and went to sleep. HG came to me and got in my lap and we played on the computer. We then took a walk down the hall. This was the first time that she has ever been out of her mommy's sight for more than 30 seconds. Steph slept for about an hour and HG's daddy had the time of his life. (tears!) Words cannot even explain. I am going to post some pictures of our day. Praise the Lord! Also, thanks to my wonderful wife. Steph has been such a wonderful mommy and wife through this fun and difficult time. She has done everything that she could do to help HG try and bond with me. She loves me very much and I love her the same. But she was right, when I walked in with the stuff for HG, it was like she knew right then that her daddy was going to take care of her. God is good!!!

1 comment:

arizonaabbs said...

omg tears!!!
love y'all
abbs