Wednesday, December 10, 2008

HAPPY, HAPPY NEWS!!!

WHAT A DAY!!!
We have received incredible news today!!!
NaNa and I took HG to the doctor today.
Dr. Cavender wanted to see how she has progressed with the new diet, medications, etc.
Well, she has gained 1 lb!!!! BIG DEAL for our girl!
He also evaluated how her stomach and intestines were functioning.
Last week I had to "hide" the test markers in her food.
HG kept pulling them out of her mouth and looking at me like, "What happened here?" She was a bit confused at why I would place these "things" in her food.
I am very grateful that she trusts me!!!!
She finally swallowed all of the tracers (after interrogation).
The doctor ordered X-rays for today. This was to see "which areas were not working properly."
The AMAZING, INCREDIBLE NEWS...
NO MARKERS WERE IN HER ABDOMEN!!!
HALLELUJAH!!
Everything is working properly!!!!!
Isn't God so AWESOME!?!!?!!!
I am SO doing the Snoopy Happy Dance right now!!!!
********
HG did very well at the doctor's office.
She always gets real quiet when the doctor comes in the room.
But, NOT this time!
She stood up on the examination table and TALKED ...
and TALKED...
and TALKED!
She kept telling the doctor, "I'm the boss! And Mommy can be the boss, too."
(What?!?!)
Then she would chatter about her dogs (that is another post).
She even HUGGED the doctor!
I was shocked!
When she left the room (with NaNa), he asked, "Do you ever have a dull moment?"
I guess y'all can imagine my answer!!! LOL! ;)
*******
I would like to thank everyone for their prayers!!!
We appreciate them so much!
I know that God has His Hand on HG's life!
Her little body has been through so much. But, He designed her.
She is fearfully and wonderfully made!
I honestly believe that He was extremely creative when He molded her!
His ways are perfect.
********
Psalms 9:9-10
"The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know Your name will trust in You, for You, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek You."

2 comments:

Sherri said...

This is great news! And also, congratulations on your LID!

I hope everything moves quickly for you. I know how hard it is to spend Christmas at home while you have a child on the other side of the world.

sherri

Keisha said...

PRAISE GOD! Awesome news!!