Thursday, December 11, 2008

Lottie Moon Christmas Offering


Last week, I went to pick HG up from her Missions Friends Class.
She really enjoys this class. The teachers are great!
They sing, play, have a lesson, and make a craft.
This Wednesday night they made a bank to gather change for the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering.
Lottie Moon was a Missionary to China in the late 1800's.
I have always loved to read about her and the calling on her life.
God worked through her in a mighty way.
The Women's Ministry of the Southern Baptist started an outreach for the overseas missionaries. This is an offering that is taken up every year around Christmas time. The money from the offering goes to help the missionaries who are called to serve the Lord in other countries.
When I saw HG with the bank, I knew what it was.
I know the teachers think I am emotionally unstable, because tears started flowing.
OK...here they come again.
I asked HG what she had and she said, "A bank."
About that time the Children's Minister walked up.
Mrs. Melissa said, "OH Hannah Grace! What would Lottie Moon think about you doing that? I bet it would thrill her heart!"
Again...more tears!
YEP! I am the CRAZY CRYING LADY at our church!
But, honestly... think about it.
Here was a woman who spent her life loving and ministering to the Chinese people. Teaching them about their Savior!
And then I look at HG.
Her foster family is Christian. She had been taught about Jesus before she ever met us!
I am so grateful for Lottie Moon, Dr. Bill Wallace (medical missionary to China in the mid-1900's-Sarah Hope's Province), and others who have given their lives to tell the Chinese about Jesus' love for them.
Their efforts have not been in vain!
I am also grateful for the opportunity to teach HG about Missions; the importance of giving with a joyful heart; and putting others before yourself.
I pray that her heart will be burdened for Missions.
I pray that my heart will be burdened even more for the lost and hurting.

No comments: