Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Being Salt and Light


My heart was truly thrilled today!
One of my former students came by to visit.
This summer, Carole Ann spent 2 weeks working at
Maria's Big House of Hope
in Luoyang, China. This is an orphanage for special needs children.
They actually perform surgeries and recovery at this orphanage.
(MBHOH was built by Steven Curtis Chapman and his wife Mary Beth.)
Carole Ann is an absolutely, wonderful, young lady!
Her heart truly yearns for God and His will in her life.
I could talk about her amazing qualities all day long!!
She truly blessed me with her visit!
She brought a book of pictures from her trip.
It just reminds me of how much I miss China! I would live there (if I could convince Greg)!
The pictures of all the children were so precious!
My heart is so burdened.
I am burdened for Charlie to be home.
But, it is something more than just my son.
My heart is burdened for more. There are more...
So many more! So many hurting!
So many without food, clothes, shelter, hope, and love.
So many without HIM!
So many without the One and Only True Hope.
So many without the One and Only True Love.
When I see their faces, I think of Him.
I think of how much He loves them and desires only good for them.
My heart is burdened for them to know Him!
A burden for them to know Jesus' Love.
How can I make a difference?
How can I help these children?
Our Pastor talked about letting God's light shine through us,
so that we can be the salt of the earth.
How can my light shine for these children on the other side of the earth?
I believe God places concerns/ burdens on our hearts for a reason.
So, now what do I do with this?
What do I do?
I'm praying and reading His Word.
Please pray with me.
Thank you, my friends!

No comments: