Thursday, December 30, 2010

Merry Christmas From China!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!











Santa left presents outside our hotel door for JiJi. He loved the toys!!
Then we had to go for his medical exam. It really upset him to be in the clinic. He cried a silent cry, just sobbed. He did well with the doctors and his TB skin test. The guide told him if he didn't cry during the exam, he would get him 2 pieces of candy. As soon as he had his skin test, he held out his hand for the candy and laughed.
He took a 3 hour nap, then we went to eat at Lucy's, an American Restaurant.
VERY GOOD grilled cheese and french fries! We were able to meet other adoptive families and talk with them for a while. It was truly refreshing!
We saw the girls open presents from Santa via Skype. Greg & I both cried. The girls kept saying, "Don't cry! We are fine!" They are doing so well! Greg and I are the ones having a tough time. It was a blessing to see them open the presents, but we miss them terribly! I'm ready for my rooster and monkey to be hanging on me again!!!

2 comments:

China Dreams said...

He is such a handsome little guy. I know that silent cry, it's how our son would cry, just standing there-not hiding in a corner, not looking for comfort, but just crying. It breaks your heart! Glad it passed, and glad that Santa was able to find you in China!

Ruby

The Tanner Family said...

Ok.. this made me cry!!!! Thanks for posting all of the updates! I didn't realize you had a blog until Alic posted it today! Ya'll are a sweet precious couple!