Monday, June 23, 2008

Update on our Baby


I just wanted to thank everyone for their sweet comments and prayers!

Y'all have been very encouraging to our family.

HG is doing well. Surgery went well.

We found out about another one of HG's "unique qualities."

No worries, though! Everything is alright...just another surprise!

Please continue to pray for our Baby! We are praying that her intestines "wake up" soon, so we can go home.

*******

I would like to share a few things with y'all.
The Lord sent a "special encourager" my way during HG's surgery.
A wonderful woman came and sat behind me in the waiting room.
She turned around and just started joking with me.
It was so refreshing and uplifting!!
She started talking about her son who is a 6 year cancer survivor.
He had a malignant brain tumor that was diagnosed when he was 4 years old.
She shared about her "worrying" and how our Father comforted her.
Her son is doing incredibly well! He is on the A-B Honor Roll and has no developmental delays. He is healthy and does not have to return to his neurologist for 2 years!!! Praise the LORD!
As I sat there, I realized that God had sent her to me. We had just received a "new diagnosis" and I was not a happy camper.
God had sent her to encourage me and show me that HE CARES!
He cares about my hurts!
He sent this special woman to remind me of who HE is and what HE can do!
I thanked her for sacrificing her time with her family to be obedient to Christ.
Not only did this special woman encourage me, but she challenged me.
In the midst of her pain, she was sensitive to the Holy Spirit's prompting.
She took time to minister to me.
I pray that my relationship with Christ grows to where NO matter what pain I am experiencing that I am sensitive to the needs of others. Completely submissive to the Lord's guidance.
So now I have another prayer request.
Please remember Jacob and his precious mother.

*******
One last thing!
It is another cute story about HG.
Before her surgery our family gathered to pray in the holding area.
When we finished, HG decided she had something to add.
This was her very LOUD prayer:

"God, I appreciate it!"

5 comments:

Ohilda said...

Steph,

Praising God that the surgery all went well! Isn't it amaing how He sends us exactly what we need, WHEN we need it? We DO have angels among us. :)

Praying for the new diagnosis and for Jacob and His family.

Hugs,

Ohilda

PS I loved the "addition" to the prayer!!

Desiree' said...

So glad HG is doing well, I hope she gets to come home soon.

Here's one of my favorite verses. Praying for you still!!

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (Philip 4.6-7)

The Ferrill's said...

Oh Stephanie thank you so much for updating! We have been praying and will continue to pray for Sweet Hannah Grace. What a wonderful blessing to be able to meet the lady in the waiting room...God's timing is ALWAYS perfect!!!!
Just last night we read in Romans:
"Suffering produces character, character produces perseverance and perseverance produces hope, and hope does not disappoint!!!!!" I know the Lord is stretching and growing you in many ways, and it is all for His glory!!!!!! Hannah Grace already has such an awesome testimony, and it's only getting better by the day! ;)
And as she put it "God, I appreciate it!!!"
LOVE YALL!!!!!!!

Pandamonium Mom said...

I've been checking to see how Hannah Grace's surgery went. So glad she is doing well and I hope you get to come home quickly.
I'm still praying for y'all!
love you, DeEtte

mommy24treasures said...

Hi Stepahnie
I will keep your sweet girl in my prayers. I am so thankful you felt the Father's precious sweet love through this woman. He is so merciful...
Love
Connie