Friday, June 20, 2008

Prayer Request


I would like to take a moment and ask for you to pray for my baby.
She is having surgery today.
To be honest, I have been dreading it.
The other night I was talking with God about the surgery.
I told Him, "I trust you with Hannah Grace, but..."
Before I could finish, He spoke to my heart, "Either you do or you don't."
I guess that is the truth of the matter.
Either I trust Him or I don't.
I know my problem is that I have absolutely NO control over this situation.
But the funny thing is that I have NEVER had control.
It is ALL in His hands.
So, I have to let this be. Let her rest in His hands.
And TRUST.
I do ask for prayer for our Bundle of Joy.
Here is the list.
Please pray:
** that the doctors and nurses will have wisdom and discernment. That the Lord will guide their hands during the surgery.
** that there will be no complications.
** for a quick recovery. The doctor has told us to plan for her to be in the hospital for about a week. We are hopeful that it will not be that long!
** the PEACE of God to cover HG and our family.
** for the other children having surgery today.
Thank you in advance for your prayers!
*******
I do have to add a cute story.
Greg had taken HG to bed while I finished packing.
HG asked Greg how her "stomach got all twisted."
Greg -"I don't know. It is just that way."
HG -" Well, maybe there was a door."
Greg - "A door?"
HG - "Yes, maybe a little door. And maybe a mouse went in the door and twisted stuff up."
After laughing, we tried to assure her that there is NO mouse in her belly.
I am grateful for the "mouse theory."
It brought a lot of laughter to our family!

9 comments:

Mike and Rhonda said...

Stephe,

I am so sorry that all of you guys are going through this. God has really been dealing with me regarding trusting Him and having faith. He gave me Psalm 91....and reading it from the Message Bible blew me away. Little Miss HG has been on my prayer list and will contintue to be. Please keep us updated.

The Ferrill's said...

Stephanie we are praying...please keep us updated when you get a chance! We love yall!

Ohilda said...

Oh Steph! I know what a Mama's heart feels like when her little one is in surgery.

Keep reminding yourself that NO ONE loves your precious Hannah Grace like our Lord does. He created Her and He will be present through the entire process and recovery, holding Her.

I pray that He give you His peace that surpasses all understanding. That the recovery be a quick one and that there be no complications.

II COR 12:9 - "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

When you feel like you can't let it go, boast on that weakness and give thanks for it, because it is then that Christ's power will rest on you.

Hugs,

Ohilda

RamblingMother said...

Praying for sure!

Desiree' said...

Praying here in MI for HG and your family.

Kristy said...

Praying for your family, my friend......
**hugs**

Lisa said...

Lifting you all up in prayer. God has taken your baby girl so far. She is truly a "Miracle Child". We love her dearly as we love the two of you. We are leaving for the beach, but please remember I am only a phone call away.
P.S. I hope they don't find a little mouse in her tummy. How cute. She is such a funny little girl.

Pandamonium Mom said...

Stephanie,
We are praying for sweet Hannah Grace here. Call us if you need anything! She is such a cute, sweet child. And funny! I love the mouse story. When y'all are home and Hannah Grace feels like playing, call us!
love, DeEtte

The Princess's Mommy said...

Stephanie,
We are praying and praying!

Love,
Monica