Saturday, July 26, 2008

Re-Adoption

Re-Adoption Day




We had the hearing for HG's re-Adoption.


We had such a great time! Judge Fuhrmeister presided over the hearing. He was extremely patient with HG running around and talking into the microphone.

He shared with us that he had been adopted. And that the adoption hearings were special to him. I am so grateful that he shared this day with us!


Some of you have asked about Sarah Hope's adoption. Things are moving along rather slowly. We are currently awaiting our INS appt. We know that there is a reason for every silly delay. I don't like it. I am ready for our girl to be home!


Nevertheless... God has a purpose and a plan. His ways are higher than mine. He sees the BIG picture. I am too focused on little things that are not as important.


Sometimes the wait is absolutely unbearable. We have been blessed with a contact in China that has helped us obtain pictures and information on Sarah Hope. These small tidbits have been like a stream in the desert. (I know other adoptive families know what I am talking about!) I cannot share the pictures on the blog because of some restrictions. But I can share a little bit of the info.


SH and HG seem to have similar personalities (active and outgoing). She is healthy. SH makes friends easily and plays well with others. They stated that she knows she is being adopted and "is very happy." (This brought joy and tears at the same time!) They have let her hair grow and she is even more beautiful than before. She appears to be well taken care of (smiling in all of the pics). Her smile is AMAZING!


We will keep everyone updated as things move along. Just keep praying for our girl!

4 comments:

Desiree' said...

Oh Steph, I know how gard the wait is!! So glad you are able to get pictures and updates on SH, it does help. Can't wait to see her beautiful smile!!

The Ferrill's said...

Yay for re-adoption! How cool that the judge himself was adopted!
Okay, do you mean you're waiting on your INS fingerprint appt? Stephanie I know that there has been a huge slow down with Atlanta CIS and I am praying BIG for help for this new orphan officer. I don't know what else we can do but pray...and contact the senator if you feel led. Not sure if it will do any good though. Wish I could give you a big hug right now! I'm glad you were able to get updates on Sarah Hope. I read some of your posts I've missed and the beach pics are adorable! I love the one of Sarah Hope's name in the sand.
And congrats to Greg on his ordination!

redmaryjanes said...

I am glad that you had such a special judge to work with.
I will be keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers, that your second daughter is home soon.

Keisha said...

Praying for you girl!
Congrats on the Re-adoption Day!!
How special, she looks so beautiful! Give her hugs from Mrs. Keisha!
Love,
Keisha