Saturday, September 27, 2008

Update on USCIS Frustration

"A picture is worth a thousand words."
This is how I feel!
So, what do you do when your fingerprints do not pick up on your second live scan with the USCIS (INS)?
You first take a deep breath.
And then...
SCREAM AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS!
Hoping that the enormous amount of frustration will leave your body.
FYI, it doesn't help.
So, now I get to visit all of the police departments in the cities with which I have lived in the last 10 years. Yes, I have to get letters stating that I have NO criminal record in any of these cities.
Am I serious?
Yes, I am serious.
The Alabama Bureau of Investigation and FBI clearances were not enough.
Now, I need Centreville's police dept. to say that I am not a criminal.
Centreville.
FBI, not good enough.
Centreville... now THAT is who they want to hear from.
How bizarre!
Oh! And I have to sign an affidavit stating that I do not have a criminal history.
I have never successfully stood on my head.
However, I decided to start practicing, because it may the next thing asked of me.
*I know that obtaining the police reports is really NOT a big deal. It is just hard to understand the rationale behind this. It is also difficult to comprehend the delays. I know there is a reason. But, right now... I just don't like it. Not even a little bit.
So, PLEASE pray for Sarah Hope. Pray for God's hand of protection to surround her. That He will hold her in His arms. That she will feel His love, peace, and security. Also pray that she knows that her Mama and Baba love her.
OK. I feel much better.
Blogging is very therapeutic!

8 comments:

Mike and Rhonda said...

OK....this is getting rediculous. How crazy is that? Soemtimes common sense just goes out the window. I hope this get moving soon for you guys!

Desiree' said...

Glad to see you posting again!! I was so worried about ya'll. I pray the USCIS thing gets straightened out. You have way more patience than I do. Call if you ever need to vent.

Keisha said...

I've missed ya in bloggy world.
Hang in there! I'm Praying for you!

Ohilda said...

Hoping it all straightens out! And yes, blogging is therapeutic, huh? :)

Ohilda

The Ferrill's said...

Oh Stephanie,
Good grief. The bureaucracy is killin' me.
I'm praying for you...God speed the time until you can hold your girl....
Is this all because of the new I-800 form?

redmaryjanes said...

Oh my word! This is just nuts! I cannot believe how crazy this is all becoming.
Hang in there girl!

mommy24treasures said...

oh I haven;t checked with you in a while and really had you on my heart to check in, I am so sorry for all this frustration! I can't imagine how irritating.
Saying a prayer... Sending love and warm wishes...
Love
Connie

Sherri said...

I am SO sorry. What a pain. Can they make things any MORE difficult?

Forget I asked that. I don't want an answer.

sherri